About Us

In 1946, Tom Hughes started his music stores by renting space for a record department in Myers Music Store in Norfolk, NE. In 1948 he purchased the music business from the Myer’s and it became Tom’s Music House.  In 1958 he moved the business from the original side street location to 432 Norfolk Ave., the main street of Norfolk, NE. In 1965 he and his wife Elna purchased the building which they then expanded into a double wide store.  In 1974 a complete renovation was done to the building including a new front.  He added a store in Concordia, Ks in 1957 and another in Fremont, NE in 1959.  The Fremont store closed in 1994 and the Norfolk store closed in 1996.  The Concordia store continues to run under management of Kenny Johnston.